For this assignment, consider Carper’s Ways of Knowing: empirical, personal, ethical, and aesthetic. For each way of knowing, describe a clinical situation including a nursing intervention you implemented while caring for a patient, family, group, or community. In your description, explain how the particular way of knowing informed the decision to implement the intervention.
Use one scholarly reference for each of your four explanations in order to provide support for your reasons that a particular intervention is an example of the selected way of knowing. Use a different reference for each of the four descriptions. Use references other than those provided in assigned course readings. 4 references needed.
Please do not use these references:
Textbook: Contemporary Nursing Knowledge: Analysis and Evaluation of Nursing Models and Theories. This link provides access to the entire textbook. Click on the link to identify textbook information needed to properly cite and reference this resource.
- Chapter 1 – The Structure of Contemporary Nursing Knowledge
Textbook: Nursing in Contemporary Society: Issues, Trends, and Transition to Practice. This link provides access to a website only, not access to the entire textbook. Click on the link to identify textbook information needed to properly cite and reference this resource.
- Chapter 6 – Making Caring Visible
- Fundamental Patterns of Knowing in Nursing
- Using patterns of knowing in nursing as a possible framework for nursing care of homeless families with children
- Ways of Knowing in Nursing: The Historical Evolution of a Concept
- The Influence of the Metaparadigm of Nursing on Professional Identity Development Among RN-BSN Students
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."