Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 1 and 2 of the Hesse-Biber e-book, Mixed Methods Research: Merging Theory with Practice, and the two required articles for this week.
Mixed methods is a current popular methodology. While this type of methodology is useful for some studies, because of its dual nature as both quantitative and qualitative, it is not effective or appropriate for all research.
For this discussion, you will consider the use of mixed methods for the topic chosen for the Research Proposal which is “Employment Issues Amongst Mentally Disabled Veterans”. For this PLEASE ALL ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING POINTS.
- apply the scientific method to your research topic by defining your research question and determining the method(s) necessary to answer that question.
- Compare the characteristics and appropriate uses of the different methods and explain if your research question could best be answered through qualitative or quantitative methods, or a mix of both.
- Identify the dominant method (quantitative or qualitative) for your proposed study.
- Explain whether or not a mixed methods approach is the best way to study the topic, demonstrating that the second method is not added as an afterthought or merely to impress journal editors who favor mixed methods.
- Justify your design choice and support your position with scholarly sources.
- Include a discussion explaining how you would apply ethical principles to your design to address concerns which may impact your research.
NOTE: PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT Research Question Research Design Selected for the research proposal question and research design selected.
Citation for two documents attached that can be used for this.
Bryman, A. (2006). Integrating quantitative and qualitative research: How is it done? Qualitative Research, 6(1), 97–113. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1177/1468794106058877
Fetters, M. D., Curry, L. A., & Creswell, J. W. (2013, December 1). Achieving integration in mixed methods designs–principles and practices. Health Services Research, 48(6). https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1111/1475-6773.12117IntegratingquantitativeandqualitativeresearchHowisitdoneQualitativeResearch Achievingintegrationinmixedmethodsdesignsprinciplesandpractices ResearchquestionResearchDesignSelected
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."