NURS 6501 Walden University Wk 2 Cellulitis
Case Study Analysis
An understanding of cells and cell behavior is a critically important component of disease diagnosis and treatment. But some diseases can be complex in nature, with a variety of factors and circumstances impacting their emergence and severity.
Effective disease analysis often requires an understanding that goes beyond isolated cell behavior. Genes, the environments in which cell processes operate, the impact of patient characteristics, and racial and ethnic variables all can have an important impact.
An understanding of the signals and symptoms of alterations in cellular processes is a critical step in the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. For APRNs, this understanding can also help educate patients and guide them through their treatment plans.
- Evaluate cellular processes and alterations within cellular processes
- Analyze alterations in the immune system that result in disease processes
- Identify racial/ethnic variables that may impact physiological functioning
- Evaluate the impact of patient characteristics on disorders and altered physiology
In this Assignment, you examine a case study and analyze the symptoms presented. You identify cell, gene, and/or process elements that may be factors in the diagnosis, and you explain the implications to patient health.
The Assignment (2-page case study analysis)
Develop a 1- to 2-page case study analysis in which you:
- Explain why you think the patient presented the symptoms described.
- Identify the genes that may be associated with the development of the disease.
- Explain the process of immunosuppression and the effect it has on body systems.
McCance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
- Chapter 1: Cellular Biology; Summary Review
- Chapter 2: Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology: Environmental Agents(pp. 46-61; begin again with Manifestations of Cellular Injury pp. 83-97); Summary Review
- Chapter 3: The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids, and Bases,
- Chapter 4: Genes and Genetic Diseases (stop at Elements of formal genetics); Summary Review
- Chapter 5: Genes, Environment-Lifestyle, and Common Diseases (stop at Genetics of common diseases); Summary Review
- Chapter 7: Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing
- Chapter 8: Adaptive Immunity (stop at Generation of clonal diversity); Summary Review
- Chapter 9: Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation (stop at Deficiencies in immunity); Summary Review
- Chapter 10: Infection (stop at Infectious parasites and protozoans); (start at HIV); Summary Review
- Chapter 11: Stress and Disease (stop at Stress, illness & coping); Summary Review
- Chapter 12: Cancer Biology (stop at Resistance to destruction); Summary Review
- Chapter 13: Cancer Epidemiology (stop at Environmental-Lifestyle factors); Summary Review
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."