Applying An Ethical Decision-Making Model
Utilize a standard ethical decision-making model (provided below) to process and resolve an ethical dilemma case in counseling. Case scenarios are provided below. From these cases, choose one case to process utilizing the model.
Create responses to the 8-step model regarding their specific case. Utilize and cite a minimum of 3 sources. Two of the 3 required sources must be the ACA and NBCC Codes of Ethics, the other source could be a scholarly journal, book, or appropriate website. Utilize proper spelling, grammar, intelligible sentences, and APA format for their intext citations and references.
Ethical Decision-Making Model by Corey, Corey, Corey & Callahan (2015)
1. Identify the problem (ethical dilemma).
2. Identify other potential issues involved.
3. Identify the relevant ethical guidelines (cite standards from both the ACA and NBCC code of ethics that apply).
4. Identify the relevant laws and regulations.
5. Identify the possible consultation sources that could be utilized.
6. Identify potential courses of action (at least 2 different options).
7. Identify the consequences of the potential courses of action (for each option in step 7).
8. Identify the best course of action and why.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."