Wellness Program For An Elder
1. Student will interview a selected elder from the community (signed consent form required)
2. Select 2 assessment tools covered in class (e.g. Occupational History Interview, Quality of Life Assessment, Interest Checklist) to use during the interview process and summarize the results of the assessments.
3. Complete a pie graph, line graph, or bar graph depicting the percentage of time spent by the elder on specific occupations. Summarize the graph to determine areas of imbalance or the need for wellness activities to be incorporated (problem list).
4. Conduct research to obtain evidence-based practice related to:
Ø Wellness programs and service delivery options within this emerging practice area with particular emphasis on new and emerging approaches/techniques.
Ø Primary Care in the role of prevention and health promotion
5. In collaboration with the occupational therapist, establish 4 LTG and 2 patient education goals derived from the resulting problem list. Include treatment approaches and selected activities (that reflect the patient’s interest) to attain goals.
6. In collaboration with the occupational therapist, the students will use the results to create a Wellness Program with particular emphasis on new and emerging approaches/techniques for the elder.
7. Students are to review the results and recommendations with the elder to determine if they are interested in pursuing the goals/intervention planned.
8. Present outcomes via Power point the resulting Wellness program/project with input/responses from the elder. Additional multimedia formats are a plus (e.g. videotaping the interview)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."