Making A Differential Diagnosis4
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read Chapter 1: Differential Diagnosis Step by Step in DSM-5: Handbook of Differential Diagnosis and review one of the case studies from the Case Studies in Abnormal Psychology text that you did not write about in your Week One and Week Two discussions.
Select one of the following cases that you have not already written about in a prior assignment in this class.
- Case 3: Hoarding Disorder
- Case 4: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Case 5: Major Depressive Disorder
- Case 6: Bipolar Disorder
- Case 13: Schizophrenia
- Case 14: Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Case 15: Borderline Personality Disorder
- Case 18: You Decide: The Case of Julia
- Case 20: You Decide: The Case of Suzanne
For this assignment, you will create a differential diagnosis for the patient in your chosen case. Be sure to select one of the cases above that you have not already written about in a prior assignment for this class. Be sure to follow the instructions in Chapter 1: Differential Diagnosis Step by Step when creating your differential diagnosis. Your assignment must include the following:
- Recommend a diagnosis based on the patient’s symptoms, presenting problems, and history.
- Assess the validity of your diagnosis using a sociocultural perspective.
- Compare at least one evidence-based and one non-evidence-based treatment option for the diagnosis. Research a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources to support your choices.
- Propose and provide an explanation for a minimum of two historical perspectives and two theoretical orientations that are inappropriate alternates for the conceptualizations in this case (e.g., cognitive, behavioral, humanistic, biological, sociocultural, evolutionary, psychoanalytic, integrative, etc.). NOTE: Be clear that you are writing about theoretical orientations and using the theoretical orientations to explain the client’s symptoms and presenting problems. Do not use the theoretical orientations to discuss any therapy or treatment approaches. Your application of the theoretical orientations should answer the question: How did this client develop the symptoms and current presenting problems? For example, “Based on the cognitive perspective, how did this client develop the symptoms and current presenting problem?” “Based on the humanisitic perspective, how did this client develop the symptoms and current presenting problem?” Etc.
The Making a Differential Diagnosis assignment
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center Links to an external site..
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."