Group Project #2 MUST have 20 external scholarly citations within the submission.The chief technology officer (CTO)
Group Project #2 MUST have 20 external scholarly citations within the submission.
The chief technology officer (CTO) has indicated that your organization has been requested by the National Security Council (NSC) to comment on the upcoming National Cybersecurity Strategy. The NSC has asked for specific recommendations as it relates to the next cybersecurity strategy, private/public partnerships, and comments on how specific technologies should be incorporated into the assessment.
The CTO has asked you to collaborate with your team to provide the organizational input.
You will be collaborating with your previously assigned team on this assignment. It is up to the team members to decide how they will plan, meet, discuss, and complete the six sections of the paper. Remember, if a member fails to complete his or her part of the work, the team is still responsible for all sections. You will also complete a peer review for yourself and for each member of the team. The peer feedback will be incorporated into each team members assignment grade.
As a group, use the Cybersecurity Strategy, Law, and Policy Team Assignment Resources to write your paper, which should cover the following topics:
Part 5: Cybersecurity Technologies
- The authors of the National Security Strategy (NSS) are looking to address particular technologies that have the opportunity to revolutionize cybersecurity. They believe that blockchain technology is a revolutionary technology that has the ability to significantly improve cybersecurity.
- What would be your recommendation for how the NSS should incorporate this technology to the public?
- Propose exactly what you believe should be written in the NSS. Specifically, explain the blockchain technology in layman’s terms to nontechnical people that may be reading the NSS, give examples of how it could be used to provide revolutionary cybersecurity, include examples of how it is being used to provide cybersecurity solutions, and discuss what, if any policies or laws should be established to mandate its use in specific industries.
Part 6: Ethics in Cybersecurity
- Ethical issues are at the core of what we do as cybersecurity professionals. Think of the example of a cyber defender working in a hospital. They are charged with securing the network, medical devices, and protecting sensitive personal health information from unauthorized disclosure. They are not only protecting patient privacy but their health and perhaps even their lives. Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability – the C-I-A triad – and many other cybersecurity practices are increasingly at play in protecting citizens in all walks of life and in all sectors. Thus, acting in an ethical manner, is one of the hallmarks of a cybersecurity professional.
- What are the ethically significant harms that may result from mass surveillance (including by government and corporations)?
- What are the ethically significant harms that may result from emerging technologies such as blockchain technology, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."