Writing a Research Question ExerciseInstructions: Review the resources on writing research questions in the PICO
Writing a Research Question Exercise
Instructions: Review the resources on writing research questions in the PICO format, and answer the
Identify the PICO elements in the following research questions:
1. Do healthy primigravid women who receive free gym memberships during pregnancy gain less
weight during the pregnancy than women who receive regular prenatal care?
2. Do overweight women with pre-pregnancy hypertension experience a different risk of stillbirth
than women who are normotensive before pregnancy?
Write a research question incorporating the following PICO elements:
3. P: preterm infants experiencing narcotics withdrawal
C: normal care
O: jitteriness and hyperreflexia
4. P: sexually-active teenagers who smoke
I: new oral contraceptive pill Z
C: old contraceptive pill X
O: deep vein thrombosis
5. P: Post-menopausal African-American women experiencing hot flashes
I: bio-identical hormones
O: hot flash intensity measured via the Thurston hot flash scale
6. Think of a problem that impacts womens health that interest you. This can be a medical
condition, an issue with acceptance or adherence to care, a public health issue or something
What is the womans health problem youve come up with?
7. Think of two interventions to address this womens health problem. The first intervention
should involve direct patient care and should be an intervention that can be implemented with
an individual women. The second intervention should address the issue on a broader level, such
as starting a program or increasing community access to a particular resource. List your two
8. Write PICO elements for a research question about intervention 1 and then write the research
9. Write PICO elements for a research question about intervention 2 and then write the research
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."