3-1 Discussion: Judging Ourselves, Judging OthersDiscussion Topic Starts Nov 6, 2021 11:59 PM
By now, you are beginning to learn more about biases and stereotypes. In many cases, these overgeneralized beliefs are not part of our conscious awareness. In fact, most of the implicit biases that we acquire are by-products of our environmental context and lived experience. For this discussion, you will explore the role of human nature in the formation of bias and the ways in which bias can impact group relations.
First, title your post “Judging Ourselves, Judging Others.”
For your initial post, review the video We All Have Implicit Biases and respond to the following:
- In your own words, how would you define implicit bias?
- It seems that everyone is biased in one way or another. Is bias a product of human nature? Why or why not?
- What is the role of positive and negative stereotypes in group relations?
- Identify a population for which you have a positive stereotype and describe the stereotype (e.g., all Canadians are nice and polite). How could having a positive stereotype generate a negative reaction from a person of that in-group?
- How does the concept of stereotypes apply to any of the following programmatic course themes:
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."