In practice, social workers engage with many programs drawn from federal polices to serve their clients. Those policies then have state or local variations that affect program delivery
- Refer to the Policy Research Starter in the Learning Resources. These resources provide a start for finding information on the policies for this Quick Guide. However, you may need to do additional research.
- Refer to the Social Welfare Policy: Search Tips site listed in the Learning Resources for tips on finding additional information. Also note that reputable non-profits and other organizations, some of which you will find throughout the Learning Resources in this course, can be good sources.
- Explore these policies: (Social Security Act, Economic Opportunity Act, Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act), Then briefly:
- Explain how the policy is addressed at the federal, state, and local levels.
- What programs were developed from this policy?
- Reflect on how the policy affects or may affect your community, geographic area, or potential clients.
Then, address this unique prompt for this week’s Quick Guide:
- Identify one opportunity for change for one of the policies.
Office of Family Assistance. (1996). TANF-ACF-PA-1997-01(Guidance concerning maintenance of effort, definition Assistance and other provisions in the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996). U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. https://www.acf.hhs.gov/ofa/policy-guidance/tanf-acf-pa-1997-01-guidance-concerning-maintenance-effort-definition
HHS.gov. (n.d.). Programs that use the poverty guidelines as a part of eligibility determination. https://www.hhs.gov/answers/hhs-administrative/what-programs-use-the-poverty-guidelines/index.html
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."